7/03/2013

A Google Fan Girl Says Goodbye to GReader


I have been using Google Reader from almost Day One, and I can hardly believe that it's gone. For me, it felt like one of the best, most successful of the myriad products that Google offered, and I have used MANY of them.

I've already tried two replacements. I started with Bloglovin, amd though it was reasonably similar to what I had left behind, the organizational tools felt clunkier than I felt was ideal. So I switched to Feedly, and while I am not quite satisfied yet, I'm willing to stick around for a while to see if they hammer out the irksome details.

It's possible that one of these days, one of the new offerings that have popped up to replace GReader will be as good, as familiar, as GReader. I suspect it's more of a learning curve issue, at this point, but I still find myself missing my old buttons, and the old ways of sharing great blogs with other friends who use Google products in the same obsessive way I do.

Anyone else find a replacement they really like? What's good about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment