11/22/2015

Grief and Blogging


I have opened the blog many times since April, and each time I see the post about my dad at the top of the page and I close the blog again. That post keeps drying up the words inside of me in a way that I cannot explain.

I'm not taking it down. As a piece of writing, I like it. I think it captures something about the beginning of my year that is as true as it was painful, and I want it to stay. On the other hand, I need to move it down the page so I can get back into the non-weight loss blogging again. I've been decently regular at my other (secret, boring) diet blog, but when I have the words for this one, I enjoy this blog a little more than the necessary navel-gazing of the weight loss blog.

I just need to scroll it down the page a little, so I don't relive it all over again every time I think I might like to blog. 

Love and miss you, Dad. I'm trying to do what you asked, and be okay. Some days, that's a lot easier said than done.




No comments:

Post a Comment