9/01/2012

Fell off the wagon. Bounced.

I'm starting fresh for September, which means I have about one hour and thirty-five minutes to get my three pages written for today. I wrote really consistently for most of August, but I fell off the wagon completely the second day of a terrible cold. Nothing for it but to dust off and try again.

Wish me luck!

Today's words: 756
Darling of the Day:  My real mother, who is not Momma but the Dark Lady, comes to see me sometimes, but only at the new moon. Her clothes are fine, soft, and made of rich dark fabrics of blue or green. She meets with my Momma and Papa alone first, always, and then she sits at a stool near the fire and watches me. If I am asleep, this wakes me. If I was awake, she always knows if I am pretending to sleep. She smells like spices in the holiday cake, but never like baking. I have always known that this is the smell of money. No one ever calls her the Dark Lady, but I have made it her name in my head. She is my mother, and my Momma is my grandmother. I know this, also, without being told. It is part of my gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment