5/21/2014

Me, in one photo.

Red shoes!

So, I hate having my photo taken. The prevalence of the phone as a cultural presence makes this awkward, but I am AWESOME at dodging the pocket phones of friends and family. To be honest, I don't have much of an explanation for it. I'm not in denial about what I look like: I'm zaftig but kind of nice looking despite it, I guess. Decent haircut and passable makeup, most of the time, which is all that most of us can do to look all right in the moment.

I'd look better if I were thinner, and I'm working on that, but GOD I hate having my picture taken. I go all tense and weird when the camera comes out, and it shows every time. But I was walking in Lawrence, KS, the other night, on our way to see my friend Dave who was visiting from Boston, and I snapped this photo of my feet. No weird tense face, just red Chucks and boyfriend jeans. My feet, which I kinda like, in shoes and out of shoes. This is my newest pair of shoes, and they're still a little stiff and shiny.

I can't say I'll be posting my face anytime soon, but I DO love this shot. It probably tells you more about me than just about anything other than a shot of my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment